Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I had my first day in the field today!!! I was doing stuff with these things called thufars, which are these obnoxious mounds created from the constant thawing and freezing of the soil. I also got to play with this very expensive machine called a total station to plot points for the site. I'm so exhausted! BUT we went in the hot tub after showering today which was amazing. Also, it was a crystal clear day, which is unusual, and you could see the tops of all the mountains, some with patches of snow at the top. This weekend we are going to try and climb a mountain called Tindastoll which I am really looking forward to! I should have pictures up tomorrow of how amazing it is here!

1 comment:

Tom_M said...

Wow, Jess! That sounds like a great day (sure, tiring but...). I am getting jealous, but will keep reading your blog anyway! Just kidding!