Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's been a while since I've last blogged. Time is running down here and there is so much to do. Our weekend trip was absolutely amazing. We drove all over Iceland, and saw a ton of amazing sites (which i have pics up from). Even the hostel we stayed in Saturday night was pretty sweet. Tess has pictures of the room up on her flickr. We've been digging like crazy and have been blessed with great weather. ... as a result i got pretty terrible sunburn on my ears that I have been suffering through. There really hasn't been much rain, but I know that can change very quickly... and I'd rather work looong days in nice weather, than shorter ones in terrible rain. This last Saturday was our day off and we all just appreciated being able to hang around the house, do some shopping in town, and just veg. It was much needed down time. I am getting homesick now but its bittersweet. Its so beautiful here that I will miss it when I leave, but I am anxious to get back to real life. Rumor has it the project heads are grooming us in the hopes that we come back next year, which a lot of us are thinking of doing, so it helps for me to think that this won't be the last time I am in Iceland.

No comments: